If you are not interested in increasing the volume of your face, but you have wrinkles that have to be removed, then Belotero is the only filler choice for you!! Belotero is part of the hyaluronic acid family (LINK) of dermal fillers, and as such, has the same base molecule as Juvederm and Restylane. Belotero, however, Is a very unique dermal filler that offers solutions that the other hyaluronic acid fillers cannot offer. Belotero was designed to be the only available INTRADERMAL filler. While all of the other fillers are injected underneath the skin, and provide fullness to the subcutaneous plane, Belotero balance is injected directly into the skin, targeting fine lines and wrinkles that exist superficially. This filler offers immediate relief from superficial fine lines and wrinkles. The filler is injected using an incredibly fine needle directly into the wrinkle itself. The filler is complexed with 1% Lidocaine solution prior to injection to minimize discomfort. Results are instantaneous, and typically last six months or longer.
- Belotero balance provides a unique blend of cohesivity and water absorption. Basically, Belotero offers zero lift and zero water absorption. As such, it does not elevate or move tissue planes. It also will not cause water absorption, meaning that the area will not swell up after injection. Belotero can be used anywhere in the face, chest, and upper extremities. However, we find that Belotero is most useful in the following contexts:
- Belotero is the filler of choice for patients that want to reduce the wrinkles around their mouth WITHOUT CHANGING THEIR LIPS. Because of the unique properties of Belotero, it can erase the upper and lower lip lines without plumping someone’s lips!! For men and women who are happy with their lips, but hate their lip lines, Belotero balance is the solution for you.
- Belotero is an excellent choice for patients with forehead lines after being treated with Botox® or Xeomin®. As Botox® and Xeomin® only target dynamic rhytids or wrinkles, patients who have static rhytids will still have lines following neurotoxin therapy. The addition of Belotero to your treatment regimen will reduce your wrinkle burden drastically as compared to just Botox or Xeomin alone. In this area, Juvederm Ultra XC plus, as well as Restylane Silk can also be used to thin out these lines, but Juvederm/Restylane will also increase subcutaneous fullness in the treated area. At your consultation, Dr. Durkin will decide with you which filler best suits your aesthetic needs.
- Belotero is an excellent choice for earlobe rejuvenation. For women who have lost earlobe fullness, injection of 1-2 tubes of Belotero balance offers an outstanding, minimally invasive solution to sagging, wrinkled earlobes.
Belotero balance is a very effective filler, especially when it is used to target thin, superficial wrinkles of the facial skin. It is also effective in treating superficial lines of the décolletage. Belotero balance reminds me of “Etch-a-Sketch”!! Etch-a-sketch was a game that was available when I grew up. You would draw on a mylar board with two rollers at the bottom of the screen. When you were done, and you wanted to erase the screen, you would just vigorously shake it, and the drawing would disappear. While we NEVER, shake our patients, Belotero can erase fine lines and wrinkles just like shaking an etch-a-sketch when it is used in the appropriate setting. Belotero balance is NOT used to treat the following:
- Deep nasolabial folds
- Sagging cheeks
- Lip lines in patients who want fuller lips
- Marionette lines of the lower face
- Loss of volume around brows and temples
When used in these areas or in these scenarios, Belotero balance is not as effective as Radiesse, Juvederm, Juvederm Voluma, Restylane, or fat grafting. On the other hand, Belotero is the ONLY filler that can be used directly in the skin to remove wrinkling. We are proud suppliers of Belotero balance. First tube is sold at $500, each tube following is reduced by $50 to a minimum of $400. Results are instantaneous, and the most common side-effect is bruising. Patients will usually use 1-2 milliliters only to treat an entire facial region.